We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation. This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use as set out under T&Cs) applies to your use of the website www.editionsof100.com (the “Website”) and sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Editions of 100 (Junoberry Ltd), Office #1, 4 George Street, Oban, UK
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling out forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, place an order on our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, username, password and other registration information, as well as the book recipient’s name and address.
Information we collect about you and your device:
Each time you visit the Website we may automatically collect the following information: a. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; b. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may also collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from. We do not collect your financial information. This is collected and stored by third party payment processors.
THE USE OF THE COLLECTED DATA
We use data held about you in the following ways:
• to allow us to provide you with our books and related services;
• to allow us to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
• to conduct competitions and promotions;
• to contact you about products and services you have requested;
• to notify you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
• to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to ensure the Website is safe and secure; or
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you. We may also use data held about you for another purpose, but only where such purpose is communicated to you at the point of data collection.
USERS OF THE COLLECTED DATA
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal data to selected third parties including:
• our trusted business partners and third party service providers, contractors, licensees or consultants to enable them to perform functions and process personal data on our behalf, including (but not limited to) printing services, payment services and delivery services; • parties involved in the general operation of our business, including administration, sales, marketing and legal;
• analytic providers, search engine providers, hosting providers, IT companies and system administrators that assist us in the operation, improvement and optimisation of the Website; and
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Note: We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. We may also disclose your data to other third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Junoberry Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
• In order to:
• protect the rights, property or safety of Editions of 100, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
METHODS OF PROCESSING
We collect, use, disclose, retain and dispose of your personal data in a proper manner, for authorised purposes and take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Within Junoberry Ltd, we restrict access of your personal data to those of our employees who have a business reason for knowing such data. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal data from any unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where necessary and for a purpose you have consented to, data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will only transfer your personal data to third parties in territories outside the EEA where such transfer is compliant with applicable laws and regulations. For your information, this includes circumstances where:
• the territory is recognised as offering adequate standards of protection;
• the third party is based in the United States and has signed up to the Safe Harbour Scheme; or
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfil the purpose outlined in this policy.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
You have the right, at any time, to know whether personal data has been stored as well as the content and origin of the data to verify its accuracy. You also have the right to ask that your data be supplemented, blocked, erased, updated or corrected. Requests should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the data we hold about you.
In particular, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.